Suggest ways to delay the onset of menstrual bleeding

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I need to delay my periods. My date is 28th but I want it to be delayed for 2 more days. I am travelling from 19th to 28th and there are chances that I might get my periods early this month due to travelling. Please suggest me which period postpone tablet should be taken and how many times a days should it be taken and from what date should I start taking it.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Primolut N 5mg twice daily

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

I have read through your query,

I would suggest you to do the following:
Take Tab. Primolut N 5mg twice daily 5 days before you are expecting your periods till the date when you want it to come, this will help in postponing periods.

In your case, since you are expecting your periods around 28th, it would be best for you to take it from 23rd till the day you want it to come. You may expect your periods within a week of stopping the medication.

Hope this helps

Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close and give your feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 18 minutes later
will i get pain later after I stop the tablet and get period? does the tablet cause any side effect?
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See below..

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back,

The tablets taken in this composition and for this duration will not cause any side effects. It contains minute amounts of hormones which helps to sustain the hormone levels thereby prolonging the periods.

Once you stop the medication, you can expect your normal periods within a week's time just how you normally get it.

This is usually prescribed for all women who wish to prolong their periods as it is regarded safe.

Hope I have answered to your query,

Please feel free to discuss further