Suggest treatment to relieve pain in the ligament behind knee
Physiotherpay and knee brace can help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain behind the knee that you have is due to osteoarthritis.
These are basically age related degenerative changes in the weight bearing joints like knee and is characterized by joint pain and stiffness. Upon movement the stiffness gradually relives. Sometimes application of hot pads can make the movement possible.
The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
Right now you can continue with pain killers after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days.
You can start with walking and aerobic fitness exercises, quadriceps strengthening, patellar tapping, lateral heel wedges, etc- under the guidance of your physiotherapist.
A Big No to Stair case, squatting postures, any chair which has a sitting platform lower than your knees.
Knee brace can also be used for an earlier and prolonged relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Can be bursitis or ligament strain or tear.
Thanks for writing again.
The other possibilities apart from arthritis are bursitis or ligament tear. This can be properly diagnosed after an MRI scan. The treatment will then depend on the cause. Rest and hot compress and using a pair of knee supports can help you till then.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Myeloma is a type of cancer.
Myeloma, also known as multiple myeloma, is a cancer arising from plasma cells, a type of white blood cell which is made in the bone marrow. Bone marrow is the 'spongy' material found in the centre of the larger bones in the body.
It can gradually spread to other parts of body.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Treatment and cure for Round ligament pain
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Ligament tear knee treatment
- Treatment and cure for Pain behind knee
- Had ligament rupture in knee treatment
- Suggest pain relief treatment for torn ligament
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Treatment and cure for knee ligament injury
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?