Suggest treatment to cure knee injury

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 3 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I recently fell directly on my knee cap it swollen up and badly bruised went to hospital for two and a half days with possible cellulitis anyway they ruled that out now I have fallen again and can't bear weight without my knee buckling and can't bend it all the way in feels fat and stiff and hurts something awful they took x rays two times and said there was no break , but it's so painful I have used the rice treatment for weeks know with no relief I have an appt with a orthopedic doc on Tuesday but what can do till then ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Most likely there is a fluid in your knee. If its a blood collection, such knee can get infected. That is why it is a not a good idea to wait with it till Tuesday. I suggest you to consult orthopedist earlier. Knee ultrasound should be done and fluid should be drained. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 35 minutes later
What would cause a blood collection?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Recent injury could cause blood collection. Blood is rich in sugar and proteins. This is a good environment for bacteria to grow. So blood collection if left untreated can cause inflammation of the join and even an abscess. Regards.