Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of tobacco

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: Dear ,
My name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX am only 26 yr. sir/mam 10 yr ago unfortunately i started to take tabacoo & hard Drinks and smoking . now i got marry and my wife is so upset from my this habit and she tried to help me to give-up this habit. i tried and i took supplement which is available in the market but they effect me for some time but after i came on same track . Coz of this habit so much tensions and dispute have came in our relationship.Sir than i tried one procedure that i took tabacoo one time in a day after taking once in a day i never take any other nicotine . Sir/Mam now am feeling improvement in my health that am giving-up this habit slowly slowly coz if i give up this habit suddenly than i got anger , some kind of irritation . now my wife claim that your this procedure is totally wrong . so sir please tell me my this way is wrong or right.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is wrong

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that you are having withdrawal symptoms of tobacco and this is common experience but it is always recommended to stop abruptly and seek medical assistance. Currently there are medications which can help you to decrease anger outburst and irritability while reducing the craving associated with tobacco abstinence.

I request you to see a psychiatrist in your city for prescription of medication and than stop it completely which will minimize your symptoms.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.