Suggest treatment for weight gain and constipation

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I recently gained a lot of weight and my stomach hangs over my groin area. I started having pains down the inside of my right leg and I feel these two things are connected. Constipation seems to occur very easily and the pain is worse if I become more constipated. What should I do? Would a colonoscopy be appropriate?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Gaining weight and constipation may be attributed to poor diet and lifestyle choices and none of these entities warrant colonoscopy. I would suggest diet and lifestyle change, reducing caloric intake, consuming it by 50 to 60 minutes of daily exercise. Eat fibrous diet, keep calorie counter at 2 thousand calories a day and no more. Use plenty of fluids and take some laxatives for the supportive care if constipation is not responding to home remedies.

I am sure slight adjustments in diet and lifestyle and reducing weight will figure things out. I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan