Owl Image

Suggest treatment for watering and redness of eye

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
I was cleaning aswimming pool and got a drop of algicide in ny eye I imidiadly started rinsing it with water for about 15 or 20 minutes .It is not burning or itching but it is tearing up and red.it feels as if I have an eye lash in it
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Artificial tears, antibiotic eyedrops are required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that a drop of Algicide went into your eye while cleaning swimming pool, following which you are having watering and redness of the eye.
Algicide is used to prevent the growth of algae. Algicide being a biocide can cause irritation of the eye. It will not cause any major problem no need to worry.

You have done good thing by rinsing the eye immediately. You need to use artificial tears eye drops for symptomatic relief and antibiotic eye drops like ciprofloxacin for prevention of infection.

If symptoms like dimunition of vision, severe pain, sensitivity to light appear you need to consult your ophthalmologist.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards