Suggest treatment for warts around eyes

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am 36 years old. I have tiny black warts around my eyes (around 5 warts around each eye). I am observing them since a year. I dint have them before. Couls you please suggest how thay can be removed & how to prevent them from spreading?

thank you!
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely they are Dematosis papulosa nigra; Co 2 Laser Or Radiofrequency

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have understood your concern.

I suggest a possibility of Dematosis papulosa nigra (DPN) which usually appear as dark colored, raised growths, most commonly on malar area on face.

DPN's may gradually increase in size and number over time.

These are actually not warts. Warts are caused by Human papilloma virus whereas DPN's is not an infection.
The tendency to form DPN's is genetically determined. They are benign and are only of cosmetic concern.

DPN's can be easily treated without leaving behind a trace.
Treatment is simple i.e vaporization with either Co 2 Laser Or radiofrequency cautery ablation under local anesthesia.

I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your vicinity for the procedure.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist