Suggest treatment for vasovagal response and UTI in a child
We went to ER and they did ultra sound and cat scan for stomach issue. The only thing they told us was white blood count in urine elevated so treated her for UTI. We need follow up but not sure which of her previous doctors I should take her to.
Hello. I just read through your question.
Based on the scenario you describe, the most likely reasoning for her vasovagal response was a combination of the working out and the impending UTI. In all likelihood, the growing infection weakened her just enough to make her just slightly less tolerant to the workout. Once she overexerted herself during the workout, she fainted.
I recommend completing treatment for the UTI then following up with her primary care physician. An evaluation at that time will direct us to the next best move, if indeed there is anything left to do.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vasovagal response and irritable bowel syndrome
- How is vasovagal response treated
- Vasovagal response in children
- Vasovagal response and turners syndrome
- Ibs vasovagal episode treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for vasovagal response
- Vasovagal response symptoms
- Constipation and vasovagal response
- Vasovagal response from irritable bowel movement
- Vasovagal response gastric ulcer