Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
Over the counter yeast medication or prescription oral medication
Hi, thanks for using healthcaremagic
Vaginal itching is most commonly due to yeast infection, even if you are not seeing a discharge at this point.
These can be treated with oral medication or topical treatment.
Orally: Fluconazole , one tablet, can be used. This will require a prescription.
Topical treatment may be over the counter eg canesten, gyno- lotrimin, monistat, vagistat
Depending on the cream used treatment can be 3 to 7 days
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
An e prescription at cvs
prescription only needed for the oral medication not topical
Sorry about the delayed reply
No , unfortunately not allowed to call in or write prescriptions, only advise about the treatment that can be used.
As mentioned, the creams are usually over the counter so a prescription is not needed.
A prescription is only needed for the oral medication
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for vaginal itching
- Betnovate ointment is for vaginal itching treatment?
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching and peeling std tests came negative suggest treatment
- Suggest remedy for relief from vaginal itching and dryness
- Vaginal itching no discharge post unprotected sex treatment
- Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching treatment during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching taken caneston suggestions