Suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis
I was treated with an injection (ceftriaxone) and an oral antibiotic (azithrormycin). I received these treatments yesterday afternoon, so it has been about 32 hours. My penis seems less tender to the touch and I have no more discharge. It is still the same size.
1. How will I know if this strain of gonorrhea is drug resistant or not (how long to wait for improvement before going back to the doctor)? Will there be any signs that show that it is healing? How soon will it return to normal size?
2. What to do if the gonorrhea is drug resistant?
3. I have another Remicade treatment in six (6) weeks. Will that cause any problems? Should I notify the doctor who monitors those treatments of my infection (the hospital has terrible communication problems)?
Get Culture and Sensitivity of discharge from penis done .
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted the episode of Gonorrhea that you have rafter recent exposure to sex is not related to Remicade treatment but could be most likely to be due to broken condom during sex .
Normally it takes 1 week to resolve the issue However it is always safe to get culture and sensitivity test of discharge from the penis done .This helps to find out the sensitivity of the organisms so that you can take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .
Your next cycle of Remicade should not repeat the issue that you are suspecting it to be .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
It looks like the discharge from my penis has dried up. However, my penis is still enlarged and swollen (though no longer tender to the touch). It was been two (2) days now since the treatment.
Do you know when the swelling should go down, and my penis will return to normal size?
If it is still swollen after s week (next Friday), should I see the doctor again?
Regarding the transmission of the disease, I do not think a condom broke. However, I remember that my sex partner would start to perform oral sex on my penis with no conform, and then put the condom on once I started to get erect. She said it made it easier for her to get me erect and to get the confirm on. Could that have caused the transmission of the disease?
Oral sex will not cause Gonorrea
Thanks for follow up .
Oral sex will not cause Gonorrhea infection .It is transmitted through intra Vaginal Intercourse .
It normally takes a week or 2 for swelling of the penis to come to normal size .
Take anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase twice daily .
This would help to reduce swelling .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis flare treatment
- Ulcerative colitis drugs treatment
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Treatment and cure for ulcerative colitis arthritis
- Malaria treatment and ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis treatment options
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Is acthar used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis?
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?