Suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis
I am down to the last three days and have had no relief and i have bloody diarrehea I'm also on Apriso 4ea per day
can i start the predisone again but starting it at a higher dosage. 60 mg per day and every tree days reducing by 10 mg?
Start prednisolone 60 mg ..
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
After reviewing your data I would like to say that you haven't started with optimal dose (60 mg of prednisolone) and you lowered to fast the dose of prednisolone. This is why you haven't seen any improvement jet.
If you were my patient I would recommend to start with the optimal dosage of 60 mg for 7 - 10 days and then you should lower the dose of prednisolone every week by 5 mg.
This is the recommended treatment for ulcerative colitis.
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis flare treatment
- Ulcerative colitis drugs treatment
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Treatment and cure for ulcerative colitis arthritis
- Malaria treatment and ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis treatment options
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Is acthar used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis?