Suggest treatment for typhoid fever

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: My son detected with typhoid yesterday .he had high fever since saturday night.
Now today evening he is having low temp between 95.1 to 96 degree. Pls suggest on this
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normalin recoveirng typhoid

Detailed Answer:
This can happen in recovering Typhoid.

Apart from this other thing is lower heart rate also.

You need not worry, unless the kid is having low urine output or breathlessness or conconsciousness.

I would like to know if blood culture was done before starting medicines.

This is normal in recovering typhoid - I say again. Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 8 minutes later
yes doc medicines were started after blood test...
Thanks doc for your response...
Just want to know which type of diet would suit him in this condition.

Thanks in advance...

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non spicy vegetarian diet is perfect

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX any non spicy vegetarian diet is good at this juncture. Better avoid nonveg till another 2 weeks.
Am happy that blood culture was done before starting antibiotics.
Return of hunger and appetite is a recovery sign in typhoid.
Another piece of advice is that - give him typhoid vaccine (if not given in the past 3 years) after 28 days of completion of treatment.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth