Suggest treatment for trichotillomania
I consult few Skin Specialist for this Problem,
As per Doctors Disease name is Trichitilomania. and they suggest for Some Good Psychiatrist for this Problem.
Problem is approx. 7 years old. some times she recover this disesase,
but from last Two years she is much tensed with this Problem. and recovery is almost nill.
It is treatable.
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 37 year old female
• Duration of problem: 7 years, Exacerbation for 2 years.
• Known case of Trichotilomania
Trichotillomania is an impulse control disorder characterized by the compulsive urge to pull out one's hair, leading to hair loss, anxiety and stress. It is frequently associated with Anxiety, depression and obsessive–compulsive disorder.
Treatment: Medical treatment and psychotherapy are indicated.
-Clomipramine and Fluoxetine are helpful. But should be taken under psychiatrist supervision after prescription.
Psychotherapy: It is provided by trained psychologist.
-Habit reversal training (HRT): In this individual is trained to learn to recognize their impulse to pull and also teach them to redirect this impulse.
-Cognitive behavioral therapy
Considering your wife condition combined treatment (medications and psychotherapy) will be most useful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you good health.
please share your location.
Please share your city to help you better. If you are in XXXXXXX ncr then you can meet me XXXXXXX For info visit XXXX
I am residing at XXXX
But i can come XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I can plan on 23-25 oct.
Pls confirm your availability and timings
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trichotillomania causes
- Monistat trichotillomania 2011
- Can paxil cr cure trichotillomania?
- Is pexeva used in the treatment of trichotillomania?
- Drugs/medication for trichotillomania
- Treatment and cure for trichotillomania
- Diagnosis of trichotillomania
- Trichotillomania and nutritional deficiencies
- Symptoms of trichotillomania
- Rogaine for trichotillomania
- Taking lectopam for sleep. Getting poor sleep and feeling groggy. Can I...
- What is the average penile length for a 24 year old?
- Depressed and no desire to have sex. What treatment and medication...
- What happens if high dose of crocin tablets is taken at a time?
- Pain in shoulder blade, headache, giddiness and nausea. Diagnosed with...
- On medicine for anxiety and panic disorder. Any risk for heart related...
- Have reduced sex drive and facing soft erection. Required treatment?
- Why am I having testicle pain, penis pain and back pain while...
- Having erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation problem. Not cured...
- Accidentally spilled hand sanitizer on penis. Having burning sensation....