Suggest treatment for tingling feeling in fingers

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I asked about my nerve damage before. I think it was of XXXX?
Is there any medication I can take to calm the tingling in my fingers caused by nerve compression/damage following a car accident two years ago?

I have had a laminectomy followed by a feraminotomy (June, 2014). Finger and arm persist. Can I take some nerve calming meds??

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The medicines that are usually prescribed in neuropathy are methylcobalamin, pregabalin and gabapentine.
I think it would be good to see a neurologist for the prescription for one of the above medicine.
However, the response may be limited in view of the age of the condition.
But it is worth a try.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal.