Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for tinea corporis infection

Answered by
Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 7133 Questions

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: visited a Doctor: Yes
Medications Tried: he says it tinea carporis.. and advise phytoral ointment ketoconazale. Terbifine 250 mg cutacnyl 5 percent.. But the infections has not gone away. Note I sweat a lot and I'm from mauritius a tropical country. In winter season it itches a bit at night
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If drugs not effective, biospy of lesion required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

Prescription of anti-fungal ointment suggest that you are suffering from fungal infection.
Tinea corporis is a fungal infection affecting the body.
If the infection is not responding to anti-fungal treatment, you need to consult your treating doctor.
At this point a biopsy of the lesion may be required.
Biopsy will determine the type of lesion whether infectious or any other type of lesion.

Appropriate treatment can be given only when diagnosis is made.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Tinea corporis

doctor1 MD

I have been receiving these rashes on my hands, inside my elbows. On my face, neck and parts of arms for the past few months. When I was younger I would only experience the symptoms and rashes on my inner elbow and behind my knees. I didn't...

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, I have ringworm type somthing on my left leg and on my bum from 2-3 years. i tried quardriderm cream for this but no relief. please attached image for more:

doctor1 MD

Dr i m suffering from tinea corporis since last 10 months, n no med homeo or alopathy is working on this diseases. Its spreading n get very painful , n uncontrolled itching, n lesions with blood n skin removal n so much its pinches that i cant...

doctor1 MD

doctor, i have been suffering from tinea corporis for 3 years now, i have been taking medication for a month(clotrimazole cream + flucos tablets). The symptoms are again returning after i the medication period was over. What should i do? Age:22 height:174cm weight: 65kg

doctor1 MD

My father was diagnosed with tinea corporis for which he was prescribed T. gresiofulvin 250mg and T. Atarax 10mg. But he is still itchy even though its been almist 15days since he started the trestment. His legs are swollen. By the end of the day the swelling will be so much that he finds its difficult to walk and it will also be very painful. The other medication he takes are Glycomet GP1and Betacard AM. Could you please tell me the reason for the swelling on the legs.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I recently 2 weeks ago broke out with large red itchy bumps in every crease of my body. I thought I had an allergic reaction to my soap being it was "Everywhere". But I seemed to get rid of the bumps but now large dry patches have taken place where the bumps where...what could this be?