Suggest treatment for tinea corporis infection

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
visited a Doctor: Yes
Medications Tried: he says it tinea carporis.. and advise phytoral ointment ketoconazale. Terbifine 250 mg cutacnyl 5 percent.. But the infections has not gone away. Note I sweat a lot and I'm from mauritius a tropical country. In winter season it itches a bit at night
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If drugs not effective, biospy of lesion required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

Prescription of anti-fungal ointment suggest that you are suffering from fungal infection.
Tinea corporis is a fungal infection affecting the body.
If the infection is not responding to anti-fungal treatment, you need to consult your treating doctor.
At this point a biopsy of the lesion may be required.
Biopsy will determine the type of lesion whether infectious or any other type of lesion.

Appropriate treatment can be given only when diagnosis is made.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal