question-icon

Suggest treatment for thyroid problem

Posted on Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Question: Yes I have a thyroid problem Im on 125 mcc Levothyroxine,it just changed to that before it was 150, and than 137, but Im not getting any better, my skin looks like Im 90 instead of 50, can u help me
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Takes time to return to normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Levothyroxine dose adjustment done based on TSH level. Regular monitoring of TSH level should be done to adjust thyroxine level.
Skin changes do take some time to return to normal. you can apply moisturing cream to your skin. With proper dose of Levothyroxine it may take 3 to 4 weeks for skin to return to normal.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Vidya KR