Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for throat pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
last 2 weeks im suffering from throat pain ... i dont have any cold .. but when i eat something nothing happens but but if swallow air with empty mouth i feel pain ..
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: PPI with antiseptic gargles Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Pain during empty swallowing is usually due to reflux and use of proton pump inhibitors usually helps to resolve the symptoms. Sometimes allergic problem in throat can also produce similar symptoms and a 2-3 days anti-allergic treatment should be taken along with. A decreased hemoglobin also can produce similar symptoms but female are more commonly affected with this problem. So, please use an antiseptic gargles along with proton pump inhibitors for 2 weeks and also take an anti allergic for 2-3 days along with. If the problem does not resolve in a week, please get an ENT examination done. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for throat pain 10 minutes later
Thank you for your reply ... in that case can i use citrazen XXXXXXX 10mg anti allergic pills ?
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Yes, but only for 2-3 days. Rest gargles and Proton pump inhibitors for three weeks. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor