Suggest treatment for thickening of the uterus

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have thickening of the uterus which needs treating as I have had an 18 day period and which is pretty much coming to an end although atrasound shows thier is still plenty to go. allso have itroverted utarus have been trying to concieve for nearly a year now my fourth child . allso have been Diagnosed with heamochromatosis and have been suspisiose this may be affecting my pitifoulary gland not sure if I spelt that rite Im 34 am over wait 70 kilos and only 5.2 which ballooned the last 2 years my normal wait would flucuate betwee 55 and 60 before than could all this be related to my inabillity to concieve and is their anny hope?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial biopsy required

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about trying to conceive and long periods.

Following is my reply:

1) Long periods are due to thickened endometrial lining of the uterus. Endometrial biopsy is needed to know the reason behind thick endometrium and prolonged bleeding.

2) Meanwhile try reducing weight as obesity is one of the main reasons of infertility. Try having low calorie diet and regular exercise.

3) Try to use ovulation prediction kits (OPK) at home to know the date of ovulation and try having sexual intercourse around the time of ovulation for better success till you get evaluated by gynecologist ( as you have long waiting list).

4) I dont think hemochromatosis has anything to do with this.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya