• question-icon

Suggest treatment for tender and movable lump under the jaw

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: Hey there,
I have a marble sized, very tender and moveable lump under the jaw, I am thinking it is an inflamed lymph node as I have had tonsillitis. My only concern is that it has been present for 2 weeks and is noticeable when I bring my chin to my neck, it also causes me great discomfort to lay on and flares up after exercise.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be Inflammed Lymphnode.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it could be enlarged Lymphnode.It might have enlarged due to infection in the oral cavity like Tonsillitis.
I prescribe Antibiotic like Cefuroxime500mg twice daily and Anti inflammatory tablet to my patients with similar complaints.
Another possibility is enlarged SUBMANDIBULAR LYMPHNODE.
I prefer to do FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology )to my patients if there is no response to medical treatment.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed,treatment can be planned accordingly.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon