Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Mild oesphegitus, ulceration, chest pain, inflamed lymph node, cramps.What is cause and treatment?

Hi There, I had an upper endoscopy last october which revealed mild oesphegitus and ulceration due to gerd. I was prescribed PPIs for 3 months, they made a bit of a difference but did not completely cure me and whenever I got stressed at work or had a long day I could feel chest pain. Exercise and running was the best way to cure any chest pain and I feel great when working out or after rest. However, I still have the same symptoms and even a careful diet does not completely cure. I also have pain under left armpit and a small inflamed lymph node under left jawbone near left ear. Some foods make me feel much better, yoghurt, spinach etc and some worse, bread etc. I have had a negative celiac test. I also have occasional muscle cramps in arms and calves. Do you think it could be eosonphillic oesphegitus and is it worth me getting a chest x-ray since when I stretch or sometimes exert myself in a strange way I can feel oesphegal pain as if I have torn something. I also get occasional back pain.
Many thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms you are having could be due to esophagitis.Increase in acid out put and loose lower esophageal sphinter produces reflux of gastric acid into esophagus which produces oeesophagitis.There are many causes for increase acid output stress,spicy food,alcohol,smoking and infection of stomach by bacteria called Hpylori are common causes.What type of esophagitis your having only upper G I endoscopy and biopsy can determine.Lymph node under left jaw bone is called cervical lymph node could be due to some infection in oral cavity or neck.There is no harm in getting chest X Ray done.It can explain pain under armpit to some extent.I would suggest you to consult a physician who may be able to get your upper G I endoscopy and chest X R ay done to determine the cause of chest pain.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor