Suggest treatment for symptoms of dementia

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi sir,

I wanted to take my dad to doctor to see his problem. symptoms are similar to dementia.. let me know the speciliast to whom I need to contact. like nero/ general ...etc
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurologist consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

A neurologist would be the ideal person to consult to look for and ascertain any brain related pathology, memory loss and personality changes. Organic causes related to impaired cognition, reasoning and memory such as a stroke, head, injury, space occupying lesion (tumor) should be ruled out. Brain imaging such as an MRI can be advised in this regard.

Let me know if you have any query.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil