Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I am having moving pain in whole abdomen for a month and also pain occurs sometimes in head and on heart area. Currently my stool is palish with tiny red spots in color. I have a genetic gas problem as my mother also has that. Can that be a cause of headache and heartburn? What is a treatment? I am also taking homeopathic medicine (i.e. spondy rite, conium 200) for cervical spondilysis. I am scared now.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to GERD

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. You seem to be having heartburn which is due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux. The stomach acids are meant for digestion of food but when excess acid accumulates, it regurgitates into the lower portion of the food pipe and causes the pain that you describe. Paucity of gastrointestinal movements (movment that propels the food forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces) may also complicate the problem. My suggestions for you are:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake.
* Avoid stress and anxiety.
* Take omeprazole once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Do static neck exercises (google out for the techniques) for your cevical spondylosis.

Please let me know if you have headaches. GERD will not cause headaches but cerviceal spondylosis certainly can.

Hope that helps.

Let me know if I could hep further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
So much thanks Sir for the prompt answer.
I am a vegetarian and never took any type of alcohol or tobacco etc in my whole life. I have had my Ultrasound 10 months back. It was normal with some bowel movements and fatty liver. Then I started taking R5, R72 and Nixocid tablets. So I got relief within 2 months. But abdomen pain again reoccured for a month. As I read on internet regarding my stool color so I got scared as a doubt of any type of abdomen cancer like in rectum etc. I have been an acidity problem for a long time so that's why I am so concerned about this. Yes I have been in some stress for the last 2 years. But now I am OK and also go for morning walk and also do neck movement exercises. Can GERD be the cause of changed stool color. I do have sudden sharp headache lasts for few seconds only. Should i continue my homeopathy medicines and is there a need to visit to local doctor.
Brief Answer:
GERD is the likely cause.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

The fact that you previously responded to Nixocid confirms my apprehension. GERD is related to irregularities in bowel movement and so stool color can be altered. It is not a cause for concern and does not necessarily indicate cancer. Follow the suggestions that are applicable (if you are not an alcoholic or smoker, it is actually good).

Wait for a few days and watch over the headache. If it persists, it is a better idea to visit a doctor.