Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils

Posted on Mon, 14 Nov 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello.

I have one swollen tonsil with no pain, I pushed down my tongue and it is not round but more long and thick compared to the other one.
Had blood tests and no abnormal results, only high white cells in my urine.
I am still waiting to get an appointment at ENT.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Many times tonsil may be of different size on both sides and this is perfectly normal

Considering the fact that you have no symptoms and your blood tests are XXXXXXX I don't think you should be worried at all.

Please let me know what your ent doctor says and also try to gargle with warm salt water two to three times a day.

At present in my opinion no further tests are required.

However if you develop pain or fever or the swelling increases rapidly in size ,then you will have to meet your ent doctor immediately.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist