Suggest treatment for swollen knee after injury
My calf "falls asleep" when I sit down. There is also that stupid "electric volt" sensation. I know 2 weeks is not long in ortho but I don't know if I should get this looked at.
probably knee contusion with effusion
Hi and welcome.
Yes, it is not long for osteoarticular injuries especially in knees where there is longer period of recovery even up to 6 weeks.
But in your case there may be effusion into knee joint and it should be punctured by needle and aspirated especially if there is so called Baltoman effect where patella is "flowing". Also, tutor cast may be required. So you should se orthopedis when you can. this is not emergency but these measures may be helpful. Wish you good health. regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen knee after hitting it
- Swollen knee after flu
- Swollen knee after injury no difficulty in walking need medication
- Jra swollen knee treatment
- Treatment and cure for Swollen knee
- Painful swollen knee after one week
- Swollen knee after hip replacement
- Treatment and cure for Swollen knee joint
- Swollen knee after falling
- Cancer having painful and swollen knee suggest
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?