Suggest treatment for swelling and soreness in urethra after using catheter
most probably infection of urethra; antibiotic therapy would help
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. catheterization is an important cause if UTI/urethra infection. IN such case 7-10 days antibiotic therapy is required. I usually start my patients on ciprofloxacin 250mg. It is a prescription medicine so you need to visit your local dr to get it. Meanwhile drink adequate water & keep genital area clean.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
In few cases it does not show up
thank you for the followup query.
In most cases it does show up BUT in few cases culture may remain negative and infection persists.
Feel free to get back for if you have any other query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for catheter infection
- Word catheter treatment of bartholin
- Itchy clitoris and urethra after catheter
- Treatment and cure for post catheter infection
- Suggest treatment for irritation in the urethra after urination
- Suggest treatment for urethra problem
- Suggest treatment for infection in the urethra
- Suggest treatment for swollen urethra inspite of using lotion
- Having urethra burning even after the treatment for this
- Suggest treatment for urethra irritation