Suggest treatment for subconjunctival hemorrhage caused by chronic cough

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi

I am a 57 year old female with MS that affects my entire left side. Over the past 6 months, I have developed blood in the white of my LEFT eye 3 or 4 times. It never goes anywhere in my eye except the white. A week or so ago I woke up with a spot that was gone the next today. Today I woke up and it was normal and now there is blood in there again. I know this in a normal person usually is no big deal, but is it possible this is happening exclusively on the left side due to the MS? And if so, is it something I should be concerned about? I also had 2 teeth pulled on the upper left side 3 days ago if that makes a difference. Thank you!I ASKED THIS QUESTION 11 HOURS AGO!? BEEN RESEARCHING IT MYSELF SO NO ONE NEEDS TO BOTHER ANSWERING. GUESS I WON'T BE RENEWING MY MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
conjuctival hemohrage self limiting apply cold compression.

Detailed Answer:
It is conjuctival hemorrhage it may be due to hyper tension chronic cough straining due to constipation. Developmentally it has continuity with lid and forehead. It is self limiting and get absorbed by its own. No medication is required. Can apply cold compression and keep it under observation nothing to be concerned and keep it under observation. Slowly it will got disintegrate and change the color before completely absorbed. Go for reason of and straining resulting in conjuctival hemorrhage constipation should be treated if hyper tension then it should be controlled. Chronic cough can be treated.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D