Suggest treatment for stomach pain, gas, diarrhea and constipation

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I just returned from Mexico. I might of had some not fully cooked eggs.
I have stomach pain, gas, diarriah, and constipation from medication I have been taking Imodium & Pepto Bismal.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
travelers diarrhea

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your question,
You most likely have travelers diarrhea and this will probably need antibiotics to get clear. You should see a doctor soon for a stool culture and stool for ova and parasites and to get a prescription to treat travelers diarrhea.
I hope you are feeling better soon. See a doctor as soon as possible and push fluids to avoid dehydration.
Dr. Robinson