Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
Well, the winter was hard, and she was dependent on public transportation which often refused to traverse the backwoods road on which she lived. Subsequently, she had received only 4 radiation tx. and only 1 chemo tx.
In March, she moved from CT. to Fla. with me. Her primary referred her to Hospice, and we started to prepare. Near the end of XXXXXXX she started to experience some lower back pain. She had already lost one kidney to CA in 2009, so we scheduled a pet scan to check the remaining kidney, and lo… the CA was gone. Not in remission, or significantly less, but gone. No trace at all. I will attempt to send the film from which this dx. was reached.
My question is this. How could this be possible, and can this conclusion be reached by a pet scan alone? Should we go for a second opinion? Please respond soon.
Since your sister was diagnosed with stage 3 non small cell lung cancer the average 5 year survival rates vary from 7% to 19%.
Treatment at this stage generally consist of combined chemo radiation.
Her current PET scan after treatment is most probably showing complete response (CR) which is the disapperance of all target lesions. If lymph nodes are included in target lesions then each node must achieve a short axis <10 mm.
Sometimes after completion of treatment Complete Response can be achieved although it is very rare.
You need to discuss the PET scan findings with an oncologist.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Small cell lung cancer chemotherapy
- Aggressive small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer survival
- Will gilotrif treat non small cell lung cancer?
- Small cell lung cancer treatments
- What is the best treatment for small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 lung cancer
- Extensive small cell lung cancer
- Stage 4 non small cell lung cancer and lower leg edema
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?