Suggest treatment for spreading pink colored rash on body

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a pink rash over about 30% of my body. It developed in the last 24 hours.
The rash is only on my body where the sun doesn't hit(under my clothes).
I also have minor chills. no fever. except the itchy rash I fell pretty good.
I have appetite --- too aggravating to sleep though.
I have tried Zirtec, hydrocortisone cream, and benedril cream --- minor improvements.
I cant tell if the rash is still spreading?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It appears to be contact dermatitis, continue with the same treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
As you have mentioned that the rashes are present on the body where your cloths have been covered. It appears to be contact dermatitis.
Symptoms of a contact allergy are usually right around where you touched the thing you're allergic to. In your case based on the information it might be your cloths.
It might be due to new detergent or using of new cloths that might be responsible.
Wash your skin with mild soap and cool water, it will help you to get rid of all or most of the problem substance.
Continue to use the present topical drugs. you should be fine in two to three days. If itching increases you can take over the counter oral antihistamine medication.

If it isn't better after a couple of days or it is spreading or severity ( itching) increases, I advice you visit doctor.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Harish Naik