Suggest treatment for sores under the tongue and nausea

Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Dental Health
Question: Sores under your tongue, some bleeding,slight nausea, dizziness
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be oral ulcers along with gingivitis.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in.

As per your symptoms you are having aphthous ulcers which can be due to following reasons:

1. having spicy food
2. vitamin deficiency(B complex most noticebly)
3. gastric reflux
4. thermal injury

You need to take Multivitamins like Cap COBADEX with Folic acid once daily for 15 days and avoid taking spicy, sour or hot food. Also, apply topical anesthetic gel like lignocaine for symptomatic relief.

There will be a need to visit your dentist if this persists for more than three weeks.

Secondly, regarding bleeding gums, they are due to deposition of plaque and calculus. You need to go for scaling for removing this calculus.

Moreover, please continue using chlorhexidine mouthwash with regular brushing with soft bristles' toothbrush twice daily.

Hope you get well soon.

Kind Regards
Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee