Suggest treatment for sore throat, pain while swallowing and ear pain
may need antibiotics
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Acute sore throat can be due to viral or bacterial infection, viral infection is much more common.
While viral infection is treated with pain medication and monitoring, bacterial infection requires antibiotics.
Normally viral infection should start to resolve by now, there should be some slight improvement in pain.
If there is no improvement at all then you may need to see your doctor to find out if it is bacterial (strep throat).
If going to your doctor now is not an option, you may need to try another anti inflammatory pain killer such as naproxen (aleve) which sometimes works better for some persons.
The throat lozenge that you can using should have both a pain killing effect and antiseptic such as covonia or chloroseptic spray/gargle.
The ear pain and headache are in keeping with your sore throat, these symptoms can all occur together.
The fact that both ears are hurting means that there is not likely a specific ear infection needing treating.
The ear pain can occur if the sinuses are blocked due to the infection. The use of a decongestant/antihistamine combination would help with these symptoms.
This would be found over the counter.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Sore throat hard to swallow ear pain symptoms
- Left ear pain sore throat
- Sore throat causing ear pain
- Ear pain sore throat headache
- Sore throat and tongue painful to swallow ear pain
- Ear pain popping sore throat
- Sore throat ear pain during pregnancy suggestions
- Sore throat swallow ear pain
- Sore throat hard to swallow ear pain