question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore throat along with hoarse voice

Posted on Fri, 15 Sep 2017
Question: Hi.. I am struggling with a bad throat. because of this my voice is not clear. Everytime when I speak, I realise there is phlegm in my throat which is impacting functioning of my vocal chords.
please suggest solution for it.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
A sore throat with hoarseness of voice

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query,

Please send me the pictures of your throat and tell me do you have any nasal congestion or blockage?
You may need to get an x-ray paranasal sinuses done.

Please tell me what all medicines have you been taking so far and for how long are you having these symptoms?

Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist