• question-icon

Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury

Posted on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Question: Slipped on ice and fell down three stairs. Landed on my right leg which was bent as if kneeling. . I have been and had an x ray , neither my ankle or foot are broken but I've pulled and strained a bunch of muscles and soft tissue. I am extremely sore and wondered what could help. I am taking Aleve, and doing " R I C E". I feel as though I've been hit by a truck. Any thoughts? This happened two days ago. My whole body aches. I am allergic to Ibuprofen and seems I am highly sensitive to pain meds. I have in the past, tried Morphine, and Demerol, for pain management after c/sections. Last C/section I was given 900mg of Advil 2xday. Became intolerant of Ibuprofen ( I get Hives everywhere). Just looking for a way to ease the aches and hopefully shorten the duration. Haven't wanted to try a bath as I still have a lot of swelling of the foot and ankle. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NSAID, Muscle relaxant, compression, analgesic gel Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Since there are no fractures but soft tissue injury you can continue Rest, Compression with crepe bandage and elevation to prevent swelling. With these you need to try the following measures for pain 1. NSAIDs like acetaminophen / aceclofenac/ketorolac if not allergic to them. 2. Muscle relaxant like Tizanidine / chlorzoxazone 2. Hot compression in the area of pain 3. Topical analgesic gel. 4. Have plenty of water and hot water bath will help in reducing pain. Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards
Dr. Lohit K