• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury

Posted on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Question: Slipped on ice and fell down three stairs. Landed on my right leg which was bent as if kneeling. . I have been and had an x ray , neither my ankle or foot are broken but I've pulled and strained a bunch of muscles and soft tissue. I am extremely sore and wondered what could help. I am taking Aleve, and doing " R I C E". I feel as though I've been hit by a truck. Any thoughts? This happened two days ago. My whole body aches. I am allergic to Ibuprofen and seems I am highly sensitive to pain meds. I have in the past, tried Morphine, and Demerol, for pain management after c/sections. Last C/section I was given 900mg of Advil 2xday. Became intolerant of Ibuprofen ( I get Hives everywhere). Just looking for a way to ease the aches and hopefully shorten the duration. Haven't wanted to try a bath as I still have a lot of swelling of the foot and ankle. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NSAID, Muscle relaxant, compression, analgesic gel Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Since there are no fractures but soft tissue injury you can continue Rest, Compression with crepe bandage and elevation to prevent swelling. With these you need to try the following measures for pain 1. NSAIDs like acetaminophen / aceclofenac/ketorolac if not allergic to them. 2. Muscle relaxant like Tizanidine / chlorzoxazone 2. Hot compression in the area of pain 3. Topical analgesic gel. 4. Have plenty of water and hot water bath will help in reducing pain. Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Lohit K

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2007

Answered : 1648 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Soft tissue

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 43yo caucasian woman. Yesterday I began to have muscle tremors in my right tricep area. They occur at rest and are very fast. I have...

doctor1 MD

hi my sis is having stomach discomfort and feels like its heavy and distented without pain. And also having spasam of heaad and neck muscle. It s...

doctor1 MD

Docter , i am Nandini ,49 yrs .i have a polio leg , was given a muscle transplant 30 yrs ago , as my upper thigh muscles were dead , ten yrs ago i...

doctor1 MD

32 yrs old male, height 5.6 weight 88 habbits - smoker ( daily 3 or 4) drinks - occ. once in monthmost of the time Veggy thrice in a month having...

doctor1 MD

Can you get a zit in your nipple? Because I did!!! I didn't know you could get one there. It was the size of a marble and when I squeezed it tons...

doctor1 MD

I have had pain in my index finger for a month and trouble straightening and bending my finger. There are times that my finger remains in a curled...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Lohit K
  • Q - Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...

  • Q - Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...

  • Q - Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?

  • Q - Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?

  • Q - On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...

  • Q - Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?

  • Q - Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...

  • Q - Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?

  • Q - Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment

  • Q - Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...