Suggest treatment for sleeplessness
3 options are there, I would suggest ativan in low dose
Thanks for writing to us.
You are at age of 77 with hypertension and sleep apnea. As age progresses sleep requirement reduces. At this age about 6 hours sleep is recommended.
First of all I would like to mention some non medical approach for your information.It is called 'Sleep Hygiene'. These are measures to improve sleep. You can find the details in below mentioned link
In medicines anti psychotic medicine like quetiapine, benzodiazepine like lorazepam and anti depressant like Amitryptiline can be used for sleep disturbance considering your history.
If I were your treating doctor I would suggest lorazepam(ativan) 1 mg. It will not affect your sleep apnea. Though it is benzodiazepine(which are mostly avoided in sleep apnea)its low potency and low dose does not affect sleep apnea and I have used in lots of patients without any problem.
Discuss with your treating doctor and start medicine under his/her supervision.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for sleeplessness
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness and headaches
- Sleeplessness disorientation numbness what is wrong what treatment is suggested
- Is sominex used in the treatment of sleeplessness ?
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness inspite of using zyprexa and seroquel
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness without effecting my pregnancy
- Suffering from excessive acid reflex sleeplessness treatment
- Treatment and cure for fatigue sweating sleeplessness
- Suggest alternative medicines for sleeplessness
- Is seroquel suggestible for anxiety and sleeplessness