question-icon

Suggest treatment for skin rash

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014
Question: My Wife and myself are in Milpitas California, US. She ate Chicken day before yesterday and got skin rashes. Yesterday we went to Walmat and got Equate, Allergy relief (Diphenhydramine HCI 25mg, Antihistamine) though the rash reduced initially after 2nd dose of the tablet the rashes increased. Today the rashes are more
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer: steroid injection Detailed Answer: Hello She has developed acute urticaria. As you mentioned she had a similar episode earlier, this supports the diagnosis. It is an allergic condition and first line of treatment is anti histamine. When anti histamine dont work as in her case, we prefer to give short acting steroids. Injection hydrocortisone can be given to her. This will give her immediate relief. Please meet your doctor and discuss regarding this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar (0 minute later)
Dear Doctor, Since in US we have an issue in consulting with doctors and the appointment takes time, pls let me know if there is any other tablet which she can take. Is there an alternative to Avil in US. If so pls let me know the same so that temporarily she can take the same. I have uploaded the images of the rash. Pls check them. Thank You Pls find attached the photos of the rash. The rashes are there all over the body. Face, Stomach, Hands, Legs.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (12 minutes later)
Brief Answer: prednisolone Detailed Answer: Hello I have seen the photographs. It is urticaria. I advice tablet prednisolone ( wysolone) 30 mg daily for three days along with avil. My patients get good response with it. Hope you get it over the counter. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar (4 hours later)
Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (17 hours later)
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist