Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
I have a problem in my right side of neck which swelled few week back. I had little pain when pressed. The swell has concentrated as a small bulge and pains. It seems it has filled with water/puss. It does not have a mouth yet. While pressing it seems something got filled with like water etc. I never had similar problem before. I consulted a doctor 2 weeks back, he gave antibiotic (amoxycilin) as he suspected some infection. But that did not helped much. Please let me know which specialist should i look for. Currently I am location in Mississauga, Canada. This is a very cold place having avg temp of -10 C, so initial days i was feeling very cold and slowly this started with a neck pain.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Infectious disease specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on your description, I suspect it to be a bacterial infection in the neck spaces. You need a better and suitable antibiotic. You may have consult a Infectious disease specialist who can place you on suitable antibiotics. Amoxycillin you took would have suppressed the infection incompletely and prevent it from progressing but you need a better antibiotic to cure it completely. Wish you good health. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor