Suggest treatment for severe stomach pain

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have been getting stomach pains as of the last 3 weeks pain just below my stermend center pain had real bad pains after i ate pizza one night in the middle oe my stomach i am 63 never had a colonoscapy been getting sharp pains once and a while in my left and right side been getting some diareah and then its coming out like rabbit pellets feel nauseous in the mourning but then it goes away i still run everyday 3 mile a day no blood in the still but get pains after eating what could this be
what do you think
still get pains her and now in my top right side and left side
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
3 possibilities

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of 3 possibilities
1. a severe gastritis. you can start a prescription for rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day.
2. possible gall stones or pancreatitis. Ultrasound abdomen followed by amylase lipase blood tests may help.
3. cardiac issue. an ecg and echocardiography will help diagnose.
I would suggest that you start the tablet while you move ahead with the tests.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal