Suggest treatment for severe scalp itching

Dermatologist
Question
I have itching throughout my scalp.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Itching throughout scalp

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
Itching all over the scalp can have a lot of causes. I will list some of the common ones.
Head lice is a very common cause of intense itching, more at night. Some times you will be able to see nits on the hair. Even 1 or 2 lice is sufficient to cause severe itching.
Dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis can cause itching.
Scalp psoriasis can cause itching , again associated with flaking (severe dandruff like)
Allergic contact dermatitis to some of the products you use like shampoo, hair color, conditioner, soap etc can cause itching.
Heat and humidity can cause prickly heat (miliaria) over scalp causing itching.
Rarely itching is a symptom associated with hair fall.

Is your itching fitting into any of these categories ? An evaluation by a dermatologist will help in diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helped,

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe scalp itching 2 minutes later
It fits in the above mentioned scenario.
Where can I contact a good dermatologist in XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dermatologist in XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
You can search for our healthcare magic elite panelist in XXXXXXX and can visit them. Good dermatologists are available in St John's Medical College where I studied, It is better to visit them in the evening clinic to avoid rush.
Hope this helped,