Suggest treatment for severe rib pain post injury
Chest rib belt will help
Thank you for posting the query.
I have gone through your query and understand the amount of pain and agony that you have been going through.
Luckily,you do not have a rib fracture,even though you are osteoporotic ,and that is indeed a good sign.
But when you hurt your bottom ribs,the intercostal muscles and nerves may have sustained some amount of trauma. These soft tissue injuries cause pain that tends to radiate to shoulders and upper back region causing severe pain.Even slightest of body movement will cause immense pain.
So even though a fracture has been ruled out,you need to use a rib belt around the area where you had sustained the injury,so that the affected area gets some amount of rest leading to pain relief.
For faster recovery,you can take anti-inflammatory analgesic tablets like tramadol,paracetamol or ibuprofen. Applying analgesic gel over the painful area and hot fomentation will have a beneficial effect.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any further doubts that you may have.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
You are absolutely correct.
I agree that you should postpone the surgery dates for atleast 3-4 weeks. This will provide good healing period for the injury to heal.
Only when the pain has completely stopped,then you can think of surgery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Rib pain
- Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm
- Suggest treatment for back and ribs pain
- Treatment for cracked ribs pain
- Rib pain after injury
- Broken rib pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for left sided rib pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for intense rib pain caused by an injury
- Floating rib pain treatment
- What is the treatment for cough and rib pain