• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pelvic pain in a teenager

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My 15 year old daughter had pain come on around 8:30am in the left side, pelvic region right above pubic bone. Pain is stabbing and comes and goes. Getting up to walk does aggregate it moderately. On a level of 1-10 pain is 8 when it is occurring. There is no fever, signs of sickness. Regular bowl movement and urination this am. She also ate. She is mid cycle. Could this be just a painful and noticeable ovulation? Hernia?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovulatory pain likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Pain in the suprapubic region is most likely due to ovulation, as it is in midcycle and is not associated with any other symptoms.
Other possibilities like urinary tract infection should be ruled out by proper examination, ultrasound and urine examination and get appropriate treatment timely.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine