Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the legs

Posted on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: what can cause pain with swelling in feet and legs ?Im sorry it also causes shortness of breath with exertion and walking.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
seems like cardiac issue .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that getting shortness of breath , swelling in feet and legs along with pain seems a sign of heart issues like congestive cardiac failure . What needs to be seen is that the swelling that you are getting is pitting or not . Just place your finger on the swelling for 30 seconds and put pressure , if it leaves a mark the swelling is pitting in nature and will be most likely because of heart issues only . If it doesn't pit other causes need to be ruled out .

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist