Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
I have severe neck pain from last 3 days & also i am able to feel some sound in my neck.
Please do help me or suggest me how can i proceed further.
Cervical disc prolapse/muscular pain.
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most likely your pain can be cervical disc prolapse or muscular pain. Third however less likely possibility is cervical spondylosis.MRI of cervical spine will be helpful in distinguishing between these.
As you has severe pain in neck. So it is likely to be cervical disc prolapse.Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. If pain is not relieved by it then you can use strong analgesic such as tramadol after consulting your doctor. Pillow should not be used or very small pillow should be used during rest and sleep.
In muscular pain pain is not so severe. Treatment is again rest and analgesic.
You are less likely to have cervical spondylosis as it is uncommon in your age but you said that some sounds are felt in neck so I thought of this also.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden severe neck pain causes
- Severe neck pain and nausea
- Reasons for severe neck pain
- Hypoglossal schwannoma and severe neck pain
- Severe neck pain after epidural
- Pancreatitis and severe neck pain
- Symptoms of Severe neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Diagnosis of Severe neck pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe neck pain