Suggest treatment for severe muscle pain

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I sudden feel this bruise like feeling or muscle pain when I press on this spot. Should I be concerned? The red dot on th left
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

I looked at the picture you uploaded and see the small red mark on the left side of your abdomen. It's possible that you did bruise this spot without realizing it, perhaps by bumping into something. Unless there is increasing pain, or the area becomes hard and is expanding, I don't think there is need to worry.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 8 minutes later
Thank you. It feels like I'm pressing on a muscle I think. How do I know it's a hernia?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
If you were accidentally poked where the red spot is, the rectus muscle may have been bruised a bit.

With an umbilical hernia, the most common sign is a bulge or swelling in the area of the belly button. You may be able to see the lump, or you may feel it when you gently press on your navel. The bulge may get bigger when you bend, cough, or strain to have a bowel movement. The bulge may get smaller and hurt less when you lie down. Another possible symptom is pain or burning in your abdomen. The pain may get worse if you cough, sneeze, lift, or stand for a long time.