Suggest treatment for severe lower left back pain

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Server lower left back pain when try to sit up or walk lower pain hurts it takes me 10m to get up the nerve to move; if try to Rollin bed on that side it hutslikehell

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be a neuropathy / Lumbosacral strain

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

The symptoms that you have mentioned seem to be of a slipped lumbar disc causing neuropathy (pinched nerve). This may happen due to a recent episode of lifting heavy weight or a sudden jerk to the back causing a lumbosacral muscle strain.

I suggest you to take analgesic muscle relaxant tablets with application of local analgesic gel and hot fomentation.

Using a lumbar belt around the back will be helpful.

If there are no signs of improvement within next 48 hours you need to consult a orthopedician and get a MRI of the lumbar spine done.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy