• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe lower back pain

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: My lower back was bothering me Saturday afternoon.
I took Ibuprofen and went to bed, had water at my bedside.
2:00am Sunday morning I got up to eat a pieces of toast and drink a little Vernors.
At 3:00am I threw it up...and had schills continued with the fluids.
My boss thinks I'm dehydrated...

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
The back pain that you had could be a mild muscular pain. The throwing up could be related to gastritis. Not likely to be related to dehydration. Taking fluids and simple easy to digest food can help. Do take the pain killer after meals if needed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon