Suggest treatment for severe itching on the hands while on Cetrizine

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For the past two days I am having itching in hands day and night. Once I take cetrizine tablets, the itching feeling goes but it come again after few hours.. I get relief when I pour cold water on my hands but then again it starts itching after few hours. Kindly suggest what to do.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I want to know few more things.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of allergic etiology is more.
But I want to know few more things before concluding this as allergic.
So please let me know
1. Do you have history of allergy in the past?
2. Do you have any skin lesions in hands along with itching?
3. Do you feel more dryness in your hands?
4. Is this the first time you are feeling this itching or you had similar itching in the past?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj