Suggest treatment for severe heel pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have sharp pain under my right heel. Hurts to walk.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fasciitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in heel can be due to a condition called plantar fasciitis. Its one of the commonest reason for heel pain. The initial treatment with anti inflammatory medicines with rest and cold fomentation works fine for most of the patients. Cortisone injection is a good mid to long term treatment.
The best thing you can do is when you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed and taking a step, give yourself a little foot rub.

There are many things you can try to help your foot get better:

Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your feet hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.

Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole.
Do toe stretches, calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal