Suggest treatment for severe headache

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am suffering with severe headache. every portion of the head is painful. this started from 12 hour before. mild fever is also coming.plz suggest some medicine.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely viral fever, take paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXX,

From your description, I thing you are having the onset of a viral fever, so do not worry too much, relax and take bed rest for 3 days.

You can take Paracetamol (Dolo) 650 mg three times a day for 3 days for the headache and fever.

Watch out for any vomiting, giddiness, blurring of vision, or cough and sputum, if you develop any of these, then please consult a local doctor immediately, otherwise, wait and see for 4-5 days, the fever and headache will come down.

If there is no improvement even after 5 days, then you will need to consult your doctor and get some blood tests, urine tests done and take appropriate antibiotics.

Hope you will get well soon

Best regards,