Suggest treatment for severe back pain
after the scan doctor said every thing is normal and it may be a just muscle related pain.
to some extent I am happy that nothing is a major wrong. but I am worried with this continuous pain. he gave me some medicine but I am still living with the pain. - Pls suggest. Thank You, Srini
Muscle sprain likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
Back pain is a quite COMMON problem. Back muscle strain is one of the MOST common causes of acute to severe back pain. Lifting a heavy object, twisting, or a sudden movement can cause muscles or ligaments stretch or develop microscopic tears.
Since your MRI scan has come normal all the serious conditions of the back have been ruled out.
TREATMENT: Some general guidelines can help you to reduce back pain. These are as follows:
1) Take adequate bed REST with maintaining posture. Individuals who do not regularly exercise to build strength and flexibility are more likely to experience recurrent or prolonged back pain.
2) Alternate Hot water bottle or Ice pack can help to relieve most types of back pain by reducing inflammation.
3) Non-Steroid Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are quite useful to reduce inflammation and back pain. You need proper prescription from your doctor. Taking muscle relaxants will also help.
4) Exercise for Back Pain : It is a key element of almost any back pain treatment plan. You may contact with Physiotherapist regarding this.
It includes 3 components: aerobic conditioning, stretching, and strengthening. The exercises are done through a controlled, progressive program to build more strong and flexible spine.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain radiating to head
- Endometriosis and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Relief for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Sudden severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain