Suggest treatment for severe back pain caused by displacement of spinal disc

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Hi I am XXXXXXX xxxx 30 year old.I am working in xxxxlast 4 yr.I am getting low pack pain last 2 month. It started when I was roaming by bike. I did MIR scan. In report every thing normal.only one conclusion is thre. Mild thecal indentation at L4/L5 and L5/S1 level. Kindly show the way how to recover from it.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do physiotherapy and take medications as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The MRI report is suggestive mild displacement of your lower to disc at L4/5 and L5/S1 levels. This is causing some compression to CSF space but not compressing over nerve roots. This may be normally present in some cases.
But with backache you need to be careful.
You should avoid lifting heavy objects, stooping forward, sitting in squatting position.
Do regular back strengthening extension exercises.
Consult a neurologist and a physiotherapist for proper guidance.
For treatment you may try painkiller with muscle relaxant for some time.
Pain modulators like pregabalin, gabapentin or amitriptyline may be tried.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
DO get back with further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Sir wheather I can cured fully from this pain and how. Wht are the initiative I have to Take. Wheather I can go for walking running and physical exercise. Kindly so the way.

Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You will get relief with treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
You can get relief with treatment and physiotherapy.
You can continue walking, running and physical exercises but gym weight bearing, jumping and lifting heavy weight should be avoided.
Visit a neurologist for proper evaluation and advice.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 41 minutes later
Sir my height is 5.5 ft. last some month my weight has increased to 75 kg. I thought it may one cause of back pain. so kindly say me the reasons behind the back pain and how can I reduce my weight. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow instructions as advised for pain relief

Detailed Answer:
Overweight, wrong sitting posture may be aggravating factors for your back pain and will improve on sitting in right postures.
Weight reduction can be achieved by balanced diet avoiding fat and fast foods, regular exercises.
Consultation with a dietician will help you in deciding your diet plan according to your eating habits .
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar